What is ALSO?
ALSO is a program for adults that provides skills upgrading and tools towards work, education, and training.
What does ALSO offer?
We are a small program that offers one-to-one teaching in literacy, math, and computers. In order to encourage and sustain self confidence, ALSO instructors work to build upon the skills learners already have.
ALSO offers many programs and opportunities for adult learners. These include:
- adult upgrading (including literacy, ASL and English, math, life skills)
- ALSO elearning Grade 12 equivalency/high school credit program
- supported volunteering in Heartwood House
- workshops in cooking, creative writing skills, and more
- family literacy support for parents
If you’re interested in applying for our Adult Upgrading program, please contact Kim Oastler.
Adult learners will have a brief phone interview, and then will make an appointment to visit the ALSO program.
Deaf adult learners can contact the program on the TTY line or by email to arrange an interview with Kathy and/or Kim.
Learners who have children under 6 are welcome to use the Children’s Program.