ALSO links with many organizations in many different ways
- ALSO is a member group at Heartwood House where it is located.
- ALSO provides free on-site, language enriched child-care program for parents attending programs at Heartwood House
- ALSO provides the Reading and Parents Program (RAPP) to parents participating in Heartwood House programs
Lowertown Community Resource Centre
- ALSO provides the Reading and Parents Program (RAPP) to the Lowertown English Playgroup
Ontario Early Years Centre: Ottawa/Vanier
- ALSO is an active member of the Best Start Planning Table for Ottawa-Vanier.
Ottawa Community Coalition for Literacy (OCCL)
- ALSO is a member of the OCCL.
- Providing ASL services and support for families with deaf and hard of hearing children in our community
Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre
- ALSO provides the Reading and Parents Program (RAPP) to the families in the bilingual playgroup
- Starbucks generously donates one pound of coffee a week for the ALSO students and teachers. They also support ALSO‘s various AMAZING EVENTS throughout the year.
Vanier Community Resource Centre
- A partner in the delivery of the Reading and Parents Program (RAPP). RAPP is offered at the Circle of Care and the Vanier EYC.
- A partner in the ASL Reading and Parents Program
- Providing an in-kind donation of equipment rental for filming our amazing ASL DVDs. We could not have run our ASL Reading and Parents Program without their generous contribution.
- Very generously supporting our ASL Reading and Parents Program
- Supporting the RAPP in the Library project
Bon Appetit Ottawa
- Very generously supporting our Souper Wednesday project
Rideau High School
- Hosting our after school Homework Club
Deaf Literacy Initiative
- Deaf Literacy Initiative is a provincial umbrella organization that provides accessible and culturally relevant training, research, networking and resources to the Deaf and Deaf-Blind literacy community in Ontario.
Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU)
City of Ottawa
- Providing funding for the ALSO Children’s Program