Welcome to ALSO
ALSO Mission Statement
ALSO is a safe and caring community learning centre serving adults and families. ALSO builds on individual and family strengths and supports the development of the tools needed for family life, work, education, and training.
ALSO has been providing free adult and family literacy services in downtown Ottawa for over 30 years.
Working with both English stream and Deaf stream learners, we offer literacy skill upgrading to assist students reach their goals in obtaining work, training and further education.
We are a registered charity and proud to provide guidance and support enabling learners to strengthen literacy, numeracy, and employability skills.
- adult upgrading programs (ASL and English)
- pre-employment training and job readiness
- University and College Preparation – English Reading and Writing for Deaf and hard of hearing students
- ALSO e-learning
- Reading and Parents Program (RAPP)
- Family Literacy Resource Room
- on-site child care
- individual and small-group learning